Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quick and yummy

Today was busy for me, but the kind of busy that is boring to read about.  And since I am STILL busy, I will make this entry quick, as all of my entries probably will be until after the wedding weekend is over.

Breakfast:

Berry oatmeal with banana and pumpkin seeds, coffee
 Snack was a Babybel Light cheese wheel, after which I took my Tuesday morning Zumba class.  I was once again called out because my child had not been positioned correctly on the potty but at least it happened during the cool-down this time so I didn't miss much.  I don't blame the daycare worker for not checking her position either because there were about 100 kids there this morning, many of them tiny babies and there was only one lady to take care of all of them!  Luckily Charlotte is pretty low maintenance.

I got free coffee at Baltimore Tea and Coffee (they're close to winning!) which I saved for tomorrow and then went to MOM and got more free coffee while I shopped.

I decided I needed to stick to a theme for my lunch today since my hodge podge salad yesterday was not so good.  I chose Mediterranean since I had picked up some roasted red peppers and olives during my morning errands.

Greens, sprouts, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, a can of tuna, artichoke hearts, 6 olives, 1 Tbsp toasted pine nuts, lemon juice + tahini and seasonings
 After getting through Emily's dance class I came home and had another chai tea latte.

Chai tea, skim milk, cinnamon
 Later, my veggies with some hummus + salsa to make my dip go further without adding many more calories.

Raw veggies, 2 Tbsp hummus, salsa
 Dinner was not all that interesting either, just one of my signature "throw leftovers in a pot with frozen veggies and tomatoes and dump it over pasta".

Whole wheat penne, tomatoes, diced turkey breast, chicken sausage, edamamme, green beans, chopped basil, grated 50% reduced fat Beemster cheese.
 My dessert, hopefully:
A tasty pear
I usually stick to Anjou pears because they are the cheapest and I like them best anyway, but Will brought home these yummy little blush-colored pears that taste a little floral-y when he stopped by the grocery store for me this weekend.  Will thinks they might be Bartlett?  It's been so long since I've tried anything different I forget what the different pear types look and taste like.

Time to go pick up the basement so I have one less thing to do at the last minute tomorrow!


No comments: