Monday, March 5, 2012

Just Kidding

My stomach bug did not, in fact, get me back on track.  I did some nutritional wandering this weekend.  But I was perfect today, so there's 1 day down.

I'd really like to see a loss this weekend.  I had a great loss 2 weeks ago but gained 0.8 pounds on my trip.  That's not bad, but if I don't lose a bit this week I am going to start to feel like I've been stuck in the same place for 3 weeks which will be bad for my motivation so I'd like to make at least a little progress.  I have not been behaving in a way that would result in progress though, so I have my work cut out for me this week.  I also have a month and a half until my sister's wedding which is enough time to lose another chunk of weight, so I am trying to let that be my motivation.  I'll have to think of another goal once that is past.

Breakfast today was simple and typical, except for my beverage.

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water, strawberries and bananas, a sprinkle of chia seeds, scrambled egg with salsa and KONA COFFEE!
 My in-laws just got back from Hawaii and were kind enough to bring us some 100% Kona coffee.  I love this stuff and haven't had any in about 5.5 years...since WE were in Hawaii.  It's way too expensive to buy here!

I did Bodypump this morning and it was PACKED.  I enjoyed it, but I really wish I could stay for the whole class!  I'll be able to in a couple months once Emily gets out of school, so I just have to deal until then.

I snacked on a Babybel Light cheese wheel while going to pick up Emily, then we came home for lunch.

Greens, cucumbers, red peppers, babycorn, shredded kale, raisins, 1 oz blue cheese, chopped pear, 3 pecans, 1 tsp olive oil and a balsamic sprinkle
 I love having smoothies as an afternoon snack, but it's so tough when Charlotte naps for 2 hours during my prime hungry time and the blender wakes her up!  I thought about making my smoothie ahead of time today but #1 I never actually remember to do this when it's actually time to make the smoothie and #2 I probably would drink it as soon as I made it because I am no good at delayed gratification.

I especially don't want to wake Charlotte during her nap these days because we changed her to a big girl bed this weekend, so if she wakes up I can't really just leave her in the crib to see if she'll fall back asleep.  She has been doing fantastically so far though, she hasn't once come out of her room by herself!  We even went so far as to let her sleep in her toddler bed without a diaper and so far we've had 2 naps and 1 overnight with no accidents.  Not quite perfect, but amazing considering we hadn't even started to potty train Emily at this age.  This is milestone #2 that I've wanted to delay because I didn't want to have to deal with the inconvenience right now but we've ended up doing EARLIER without any problem.  Charlotte never ceases to amaze me with how fast she learns to do things!

As an aside, I realize that by putting this out there onto the internet I am pretty much guaranteeing she'll come into our room 5x a night for the next 2 weeks, but the urge to brag overpowered that knowledge.  Oh well.

Anyway, she eventually woke up and I made my smoothie (and shared it with her).

Nonfat plain greek yogurt, light coconut milk, frozen berries, 1 banana, flax seeds (can you tell I took a sip before taking a picture?)
 The smoothie filled me up well, but I still needed a bit of something before dinner.

Pineapple
 Dinner was Happy Healthy Mama's Quinoa Vegetable Stew with some shrimp on the side.  I added some mushrooms and red peppers to the stew and used less liquid...it ended up really reminding me of mashed potatoes!  With so many veggies and the quinoa it was much higher in nutrients and protein though.


After dinner I was still a bit peckish so I made myself my dessert.  We didn't have peanuts so I used pistachios instead this time.

2 Tbsp raisins, 2 Tbsp sunspire grain-sweetened chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp pistachios
 I didn't intend to have any banana ice cream, but Will and the girls decided they wanted some and there was a bit left so I did everyone a service and finished it up.

Banana soft serve
 I got hungry again after putting Emily to bed and I wish I had just powered through but instead I had another cup of the quinoa mixture.


Not the worst thing I could've snacked on in the evening I guess, but probably not 100% necessary.

Phew!  It has been awhile since I've forced myself to sit down and actually post my eats for the day.  I'll admit I am not enjoying it nearly as much now as I used to back at the beginning but I NEED to do it to keep myself accountable so I apologize at the boring-ness of my posts!

No comments: