Saturday, March 31, 2012

Made it through the day

Luckily I felt a bit better as the today went on, and I was able to nab a bit of a nap while Charlotte slept and Emily watched Scooby-Doo.  The girls were well behaved too, so they really went easy on me :-)  Hopefully I'll still be able to say that tomorrow...Mama needs sleep!

Our later-than-usual wake up this morning combined with not feeling too well seems to have resulted in less snacky-ness today, which was nice.  I have been kind of stalled in my weight loss the last month or so, so I've been looking at ways I can cut back on calories while still feeling as happy and satisfied as I do with my current eating.  I don't think cutting out most of my snacks is the answer, but I still enjoyed eating less without having to consciously try. 

My food today:

Saturday morning breakfast with an egg over easy, my coffee lurking in the background
Greens, blue cheese, 1/4 avocado, tomatoes, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup corn kernels, 1 tsp olive oil, orange champagne vinegar
3/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup peanut flour, coconut milk, 1/2 banana, 1 drop stevia, vanilla extract, sprinkle of TJs fiber cereals
Japanese sweet potato, leftover and defrosted taco soup, greek yogurt
Kale chips seasoned with salt and nutritional yeast
70% dark chocolate, unsweetened dried cherries
Now I'm using my evening alone to watch Hungry For Change, then heading to bed early-ish.  I'm quite interested to see what it's all about, having been on diets for most of my adult life.

No comments: