Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lazy Sunday

I DID want to go to the gym this morning, but not enough.  I was tired, and Will was sick so I didn't want to leave the girls with him and I didn't feel like rushing to get the girls and myself ready in time to make it to the gym at 8:30 for class.  But really, I was just too lazy to make the effort.  That makes 4 days I didn't work out this past week!  I have to get my butt back in gear.

I made berry oatmeal for breakfast.


I didn't do much this morning.  Did some dishes, hung out with the girls, took a shower.  Exciting stuff.  I decided to start getting my salad together around 11 so that it would be ready and waiting for me at lunch, but then of course I just ate it as soon as it was finished.  I suck at making food ahead of time and then actually WAITING until the appropriate time to eat it.

I was going for a smoked salmon plate type idea here...smoked salmon, creamy cheese (goat cheese), pickles chopped up tiny to stand in for capers, chopped red onion (I added that later) and lemon juice, plus a couple other veggies.


Meh.  You would think with all the strong flavors that this salad would be tasty but it was almost like they all cancelled each other out or something.  I don't know, I guess it just didn't transfer to salad form very well.  It wasn't what I was going for, but it was decent.

I snacked on an apple with PB and cinnamon, and finished Charlotte's leftover Amy's Organic veggie soup.
 


I was feeling a bit junky today (hormone-related) so I just couldn't motivate myself to exercise.  I did walk to Giant though to get some bananas because I REALLY wanted to make a healthy shamrock shake.

When I got home, I finally did!


Another meh.  I used regular cow's milk instead of coconut milk, so I think that made it less rich.  The bananas weren't very ripe either so it wasn't all that sweet and I added stevia drops after it was already in my glass.  They didn't mix in very well, so I had a bunch of sips that were pretty bland and then some random sips that were eye-squinchingly sweet.  I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully my bananas will be sweeter by then.

I also had one of these guys because I was still hungry and I hadn't had a morning snack.


 For dinner I made this Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado.  When I saw it on Skinnytaste a couple days ago I decided to make it soon because I had all the ingredients and it sounded yummy.  Once I had assembled it it looked like it needed sunflower seeds so I obliged.


The dinner it accompanied (Chocolate Covered Katie's High Protein Mushroom Stroganoff) was a completely different flavor profile, but I have been wanting to make both of these things so I just went with it.


After dinner Emily finally got her wish to play with a friend when we spotted the little boy across the street out playing.  Unfortunately she fell on the sidewalk 3 different times, banging up her knees and hands and ripping a big hole in her new Hello Kitty dress :-(  And Emily does not take kindly to falling.  Eventually we cut our losses and headed home for a bath and bedtime.

I wanted to make something for dessert that #1 finished up some things we have lying around, #2 didn't have any sugar and #3 tasted good.  Avocado Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding fit the bill nicely (although I cut way back on the avocado and subbed raisins for the dates, which we didn't have).


I also sprinkled it with chocolate chips, and it was quite tasty.  Afterward I realized that I certainly didn't save myself any calories over my usual dessert, but at least there were lots of healthy whole foods in it.  

Now I plan to go lay on the couch for a bit and watch Star Trek with Will.  Sunday night prep can wait, it's time to be lazy now.

No comments: