Monday, August 21, 2006

Almost time to go home...

Blah, another boring day at work. Mondays are always slow though. The problem is, if there's nothing to do, I'm bored. If there are a lot of things to get done, I get irritated that I don't have any down time. I guess that just means I don't like my job? I have a short workday, it's super-flexible hours, and it's 7 minutes from my house, so most people think I'm lucky and I suppose I am. All the same though, this job is bad for my mental well-being. For example, today to pass the time I was working on a "project" my boss has given me, which consists of making her a personal website so she can sell her ponies. Um, I happen to be a chemist, not a web designer. I haven't the slightest clue how to make a website. Not to mention the fact that it's pretty wrong to have the lab pay me to make her a personal website. But she bills the lab for the time our network administrator spends fixing her home computer, so I guess that's nothing new. And I guess that's the problem with being the only person at your workplace below the age of 40. They see you type fast and they watch you use shortcut keys and they decide you know everything there is to know about computers.

The bad thing is, there really is nothing else to do but I still have to be here, so I've just been screwing around with Microsoft Frontpage for hours.

-Sara

No comments: