Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm a mommy!

Well, it has been FAR too long without an update, but this'll be a good one, besides I've been busy making and squeezing out a baby :-) Will and I are parents!!!!! On Monday, May 7th we welcomed our beautiful 7 pound 10 oz baby girl Emily. Parenthood has been amazing so far, she's such a sweet and agreeable girl, we actually have to set an alarm at night so that we can go wake her up to feed her, and she doesn't do much crying at all.

The only not-so-good thing is that Emily is a little jaundice, which is not a big deal except that she is coombs positive, which means my O blood and her A blood don't get along. I had heard of Rh sensitivity before, but I had no clue this incompatibility even existed! Anyway, it means that she is more at risk for going from what she is now (which is a fairly normal level of jaundice for most babies) to dangerously jaundice. What all this means is that we have had to go to the pediatrician's office every day for the last 4 days which is a drag but I have to keep reminding myself that there's really nothing wrong, it's all preventative, and things could be a LOT worse. Todays appointment went so well though that tomorrow will be our first day without having to drive to Frederick with her, hooray! At least she's getting used to car rides and we're getting used to how long it takes to leave the house with a baby :-)

I will post some pictures here when I get a chance, but for now I have pictures up at www.photos.yahoo.com/photos/saradray

So anyway, we're home and settling in. Hope everyone else is doing well too and I'll try to update again before another 4 months passes by!

-Sara

No comments: