Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Bathroom

Some of you may be wondeirng, if she never remembered to post on her blog before, where is she getting so much time to do so now that she has an infant at home? Well rest assured, I am not neglecting my daughter in favor of posting on myspace. We got SO lucky with Emily, she will let out a little squall just about every 3 hours to let us know she's hungry at night, I'll nurse her, and then she'll go right back to sleep. That is, if I get her totally full, and sometimes she'll fall asleep before that happens. There's nothing more depressing than crawling back into your nice warm bed after an hour-long midnight feeding and immediately hearing a cry over the baby monitor, so I have taken to spending 10 minutes or so in the office to make sure she isn't about to wake back up and want food before I return to bed. Works out well for all of us :-)

So Emily is doing very well and we are enjoying her immensely. She likes to cluster feed in the evenings, so I basically have a baby attached to me from 6:30 until bedtime, but other than that she is such a good girl.

So now to the new bathroom part. We are having a handyman-type guy come over and fix some things around the house soon, like our master bedroom door which doesn't lock or even latch. We have the doggies trained not to barge in uninvited, but a door that doesn't even close will not be a good thing with a little Emily running around. Another thing he's fixing is a broken towel bar in the upstairs bathroom, which I actually broke accidentally while Will and I were messing around back when we were teenagers and the Randalls still lived here! It's about time.

Anyway, after this guy fixes the towel bar, he wants to re-paint the bathroom so I said fine. Now, though, I'm thinking it would be nice to re-decorate the bathroom too, since it is going to be a kid/guest bathroom, and as of now we just have a mish mash of old bathroom accessories from college in there. Since you automatically get a bunch of rubber duckies when you have a baby (try it, you'll see) we decided to do a rubber ducky theme and I found this really awesome pattern at Target that is cute but not too kid-ish. I'm not sure how kosher it is to post copyrighted pictures on here, so I'll just say if you're interested in seeing it, search "ducks shower curtain" or "ducks bath coordinates" on the target website. I am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of my goodies so I can make the bathroom awesome. I may not be able to go out and run errands at this point, but I am a first-class online shopper, and I can even do it with a baby latched on, so before we know it I'll have redecorated the whole house!

Not really, the bathroom's good for now. But I DO have to see about curtains in the dining room....

-Sara

No comments: