Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm back Democrats...did you miss me?

Oh, and one more thing. I'm officially a democrat again! It feels good to be back. When I first registered at 18 I looked at the people around me and thought "I'm definitely more liberal than most people here, I'll register as a democrat". Then I went to UMD for 4 years, and saw a new definition of liberal. "I'm definitely not THAT liberal", I said to myself, and I switched my registration to Republican.

Shortly after college I realized I should base my party on what I believe, not on how my beliefs compare to the people around me (i.e. I should be a democrat) but I haven't gotten around to changing my affiliation until now. In the meantime I contented myself by voting against the most conservative republicans, and I'd really rather be registered Independent, but I kind of like being able to vote in the primaries so Democrat it is.

I don't know why, but it just makes me happy to be back!

No comments: