Friday, February 25, 2011

Day at the museum

We've been wanting to take Emily to the Natural History Museum in DC so she could "meet" the dinosaurs for quite awhile now. I wanted to go on a non-weekend day though so that we didn't have to fight crowds and Will wanted to come too, so it took us awhile to decide on a day when everyone was free and not sick and it wasn't snowing. So yesterday we set off! I tend to be kind of fatalistic about embarking on anything more impressive than a trip to the grocery store with the kids, but I decided to be calm and happy because I don't want my anticipation of annoyance to keep us from doing fun things. It turned out to be a great trip, the drive was easy, we found free (FREE!) parking a couple blocks from the museum, we had the perfect amount of time there and then we came home. We should do this more often!










No comments: