Thursday, September 27, 2012

Closing the GAPS

Well I fell off the face of the blogosphere once again, but happily it wasn't for the typical reasons that I usually disappear; those being poor eating, general loss of control, and being embarrassed to show my face on the internet.  In fact, I just successfully completed day 29/30 on the GAPS intro diet, and the only thing I cheated on was eating butter today (vs. just ghee) because I'm pretty sure I accidentally had some last night anyway when we ate at Dutch's Daughter for Will's Grandma's birthday and plus I'm out of ghee and don't feel like making anymore.

After tomorrow, I'm on to the full GAPS diet.  I've decided to stick with it for awhile longer because my body seems to really like it.  In the last month I have lost 10 pounds (!), my skin is looking nicer, I haven't had a single headache, and I've just felt GOOD.  I didn't notice any reduction in the hair-pulling, though  I think I did notice a slight increase once I introduced honey.  My maximum dosage of Prozac hasn't helped with that either, so I'll be trying out some new approaches soon.

As for food, I plan to re-introduce kefir, yogurt, cheese, then milk.  Unfortunately my raw milk source has dried up (ha), so I'll have to do a little more looking around for that.  Then I plan to introduce soaked/sprouted beans, then soaked/sprouted grains.  After I am happily eating all of those things, I will probably stay there for a bit, with an occasional cheat for beer.  I didn't even like beer until 2 years ago, and now it's something I'm not willing to go without!

So in the meantime, I've been busily taking advantage of the fall season and all of Emily's days off of school.  We hit The Great Frederick Fair not just once...


Emily got to realize her dream...Charlotte wasn't so sure about it

Eventually she had her share though
but twice!






We went to the farm not once...

Ahhhh, relaxing
Yeah right

...but twice!


Love my car, HATE the tires.  Luckily I have new ones now (and luckily my husband volunteered to put the spare on for me)

We went to the Maryland Science Center (just once).









And we went to our first (of what I'm sure will be many) fall farm festivals.









Plus I've done tons of cooking and fermenting/reading about cooking and fermenting :-)  Also shopping.

I've been happily busy, and it's not looking like it's going to let up anytime soon!  I love the fall though, and it's so much nicer to be busy when it's not 100 degrees outside.  And Saturday Will and I get our massages (HOORAY!) so that should help me slow down for at least a bit!










No comments: