Friday, March 28, 2008

Sickly Easter

Good Lord, if I don't feel better soon....well I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll have to wait until I feel better and have the energy to think of something dramatic. By then it'll be too late of course, but I really don't care right now. For now, I'm on my 8th day of feeling crappy, Emily's 7th and Will's 5th, although Will is feeling better now. I've had ups and downs along the way, but I shouldn't still be feeling this wiped out after 8 days (in my medical opinion). I would blame allergies, but Emily is too young to have seasonal allergies, and yet after 7 days her nose continues to run, her eyes are still glassy and her whining still incessant. I've spent 7 days trying to distract her from and lessen her misery, even though doing so increases my own. I know, I know, if I had wanted the luxury of lying around all day and getting plenty of sleep when I'm sick, I shouldn't have made the decision to (be born a woman) become a mother. I especially shouldn't become a mother of multiple children, but even now I'm not second-guessing my decision to have more some day. I'm not looking forward to having 2 (or more) sick kids at once, but what can I do, the procreative force is strong in this one.

Of course our house is falling apart, with Will having been home 3 days this week and me not feeling well enough to care for a sick but still active baby (she just dumped my tea on the floor and is now pulling the childproofing foam off the fireplace) plus a sick husband and still keep up with the house. I just want to lay down and sleep for a couple of days until I feel better.

Ok, I believe you understand now how terrible I feel, so I'll move on to a new topic. Doesn't this weather suck? Seriously, rain or clear up, stop being so freakin' dismal all the time!

Just kidding. The weather does suck, but I won't complain any longer. Instead I will post some pictures of our Easter, which we enjoyed despite feeling not-so-hot.

Emily in her Easter dress:
Photobucket


The little lady playing with Daddy at Grammy's house:
Photobucket

The fallout from the egg-dying debacle:
Photobucket

Easter morning!
Photobucket

Chatting with honorary Uncle Brad at Nana's house:
Photobucket

I don't think she liked the terrifying chicken Will's mom (Nana) got her:
Photobucket

Zonked after two days of partying:
Photobucket

No comments: