Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This is what we call irony

I had no sooner finished telling Will this morning that I thought I had been spared PMS this month then my back clenched into a knot, my head started to hurt and the general feeling of malaise and depression descended over me. The good news is, I know this will be temporary as it always is. The bad news is, there is nothing I want more right now than to just curl up on the couch with a heating pad but there's about as much chance of that happening as there is of me turning the laptop over to Emily when she comes cruising by and desperately tries to help me type. I don't suppose there are many people out there who have that luxury though anyway, but it could have come on a better day for me at least. Tuesdays are pretty much my busiest days, and of course Emily woke up early this morning so I had a hungry baby to deal with while I was still trying to finish making breakfast. I have my Weight Watchers meeting bright and early this morning (weighing in today will be a treat in my current bloated state). Will has class Tuesday nights so he doesn't get home until after 8, which means I have to take over the food prep for the gigantic amount of food he takes to work every day. My MIL comes over to babysit Emily while I run out to have a quick dinner with Will and get a bit of exercise in at the gym, which means I have to clean the house and wash the diapers. I make sure to have a wide selection of diapers clean and arranged when she gets here, because it's difficult enough for a guest to figure out the diapering system (Yes, even though that diaper has a pattern on the outside of it you still need to put a cover over it. No, for God's sake don't put my wool in the bag with the dirty diapers!).

So I'll down some advil and set off...I'm already looking forward to curling up in bed tonight.

No comments: