Friday, February 6, 2009

Dogged

Finally, a reason to keep the dogs.

Whenever I leave the house, I close the dogs in the laundry room so they can't wreak havoc on my house while I'm gone.  They don't especially like this, but they're mostly resigned to it at this point.

Recently, Mingus has started expressing his frustration at being closed in the laundry room by asserting his dominance over Remy.  This means, the last thing I see as I close the door and walk out to my car is Mingus, frantically speed-humping Remy.  He always has a crazed gleam in his eye, as if to say "I don't know if we'll ever make it back out of this room, and I am NOT going to die a virgin!".

I always leave the house sniggering and hoping that Mingus will've calmed down by the time Emily is old enough to notice and question such things.  If he doesn't, there's a good chance her first sex talk might be about how sometimes male dogs hump each other to show that one is better than the other, and I shudder to think how her impressionable young mind might apply such knowledge to males of other species.  "Oh yeah?  Well MY dad can hump YOUR dad!"

That could make for some uncomfortable silences.


No comments: