Sunday, February 1, 2009

Penetration in the Tight End

Yeesh, if I hear the name Roethlisberger one more time, I think I'm going to barf.  And something else that really nauseates me is the fact that he's younger than I am.  Oh boy.  Better start using the wrinkle cream in earnest, there are people younger than me who have won two Superbowls.  I'm ancient.

I'm not a huge football fan; as much as I have tried to sit through an entire football game I usually just spend the first two quarters giggling about football double entendres and then wander away to go do something else.  This was a good game though.  Even though I live closer to Pittsburgh than Arizona, and even though I own my very own Terrible Towel (the result of spending most recent Superbowls in the company of the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association) I was rooting for the Cardinals, and boy was that a heartbreaker.

The best part was the fact that I actually got to watch the commercials this year!  Last year I didn't get much of a chance to sit and watch as I had a 9 month old baby and was also hosting a party with very little seating.  Before that, as I've mentioned, I was always out of the country at the PNA yearly meeting so I always saw the game, but the commercials were usually in Spanish as they were broadcast out of Puerto Rico.  I would've been in St. Croix this year...I'll bet they would've had commercials in English.  I won't think about that though.  The temperature here climbed into the 60's today, that's just as good isn't it?!?!?!

It was actually more of an ordeal to be able to watch the commercials than one would think, since we don't have cable.  Will made it his mission to find it online for me though, so when kickoff started, I settled in to watch.  I quickly noticed though that while there were commercials, they were for the Royal Bank of Montreal, and Ice Hockey featured prominently.  The kicker was the recruitment commercial for the Canadian Forces.  We were watching the Superbowl being broadcast out of Canada.  Will finally found another feed, and I was finally able to watch the commercials, although there were an awful lot of commercials that seemed pretty specific to Connecticut.  Did anyone else see commercials for the Connecticut Lottery and elementary schools?

Meh, I saw Clydesdales.  That means we're getting closer.  Maybe next year we'll get cable for the month of February.

No comments: