Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jon Stewart stole my schtick

I totally posted about the pirates and took this same approach last week, Jon Stewart! Why don't you try to keep up and stop stealing my material!

And now for something completely different!

In my family, there has always been an ongoing argument about which Disney princess is best. Krista swears it's Ariel. Kathleen is a diehard Aurora fan. My cousin Maddie is all about Jasmine. I have no preference, but I like to instigate. Cinderella and Belle get no love, although to be fair, neither of them were BORN a princess, they just married WAY above themselves and are totally social climbers. We talk about this a lot. And the conversation usually ends with Will chiming in that oh please, Ariel is totally the hottest and everyone needs to shut up.

The fact that Emily is getting to the age where she understands the concept of Disney Princesses has only intensified things. She has seen a couple of the movies, and she has some books (thanks to my family). She thus far seems to be leaning towards Aurora.

Anyway, the other night I was looking at the new princess books my mom the Easter bunny got her for Easter.

Sara: Ariel looks really young in this picture. Her boobs are smaller and her body is skinnier.
Will: Yeah, Ariel has big boobs (snicker)
Sara: Yeah, especially for a 16-year old.
Will: Ariel is NOT 16!
Sara: (quoting) "I'm 16 years old! I'm not a child anymore!"
Will: Ewwww....
Sara: And Jasmine is still only 17: (quoting) "The law says you must be married to a prince by your 18th birthday!"
Will: Ewwww....
Sara: And AURORA is just barely 16! She's practically 15! (quoting) "Before the sun sets on her 16th birthday, she shall prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel...and DIE!"
Will: EEEEEW! They really should make them all at least 18!
Sara: Pedophile.
Will: To be fair, I was younger than all of them when I saw the movies, so it's ok.

No comments: