Monday, April 22, 2013

Pussy Posse Friday

Written on Friday...

This morning was crazy since Will had to leave the house earlier than usual and couldn't drive Emily to school.  Because it was my job to get Emily to school and because it was supposed to thunderstorm later in the day I wanted to get my walk in early but that means we have to leave the house even earlier than usual plus I had to get 3 people ready instead of 1, but it worked.

My smoothie, however, did not.  I double-checked the recipe a couple times (ice, blueberries, flaxseeds, spinach) because there was no liquid in it.  I attempted it as written first:

What the Hell Clean Eating?
then I added 1/4 cup of almond milk and some water so it would finally all come together.  It still didn't taste great but it was edible and it was good for me so I ate it.

After walking Emily to school I had an egg.

Clenched in my meaty paw
 Then we headed out to my friend Carolyn's house.  I brought some Starbucks to cheer her up because she is a bit crippled right now with a broken big toe!  Yeouch!

Venti triple skinny vanilla latte

I WAS just going to get a drip coffee, but one of my snacks from later in the day called for 8oz milk so I just figured I'd have it in my coffee instead.  I know sugar free vanilla syrup is not clean, but I rationalized it by telling myself it was easier to just order 2 of the same thing and it wasn't technically cheating because it didn't add any more calories :-)

At Carolyn's we hung out with this little lady who is almost one (!)



And this little lady partially pictured with my greens and garlic yogurt sauce.

I ate them along with 2 more tuna brazil nut burgers, which I was kinda dreading but they turned out to be a bit tastier as leftovers.

Picture taken earlier in the day with lurking dogs
I stopped by My Organic Market on the way home to get some ingredients to make some food for this evening.  While I shopped I sipped some wild sweet orange tea, which would be really good iced.


I munched on part of my snack on the way home, and ate the rest once I got there.

2 Lundberg wild rice cakes, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 banana
Then came snack #2.  1/2 Grapefruit with 1 Tbsp flaxseeds.  Another "What the Hell Clean Eating?".

Not a real snack
I wasn't sure what to do about dinner...Emily had requested that I make macaroni and cheese so I did that, but I was going to a heavy hors d'oeuvres event so I couldn't decide between having my planned dinner and abstaining from the snacks later or skipping normal dinner and just making the snacks my meal.  Ultimately laziness won out because I didn't feel like making 2 different dinners AND a snack.

The event to which I refer is the April "Pussy Posse" meeting (so named by my sister-in-law), which is a group of females I got together into a sort of club as a counterpart to all the beer clubs my husband participates in.  We meet once a month, and tonight we met at Black Ankle Vineyards, a place I've been wanting to checkout for quite awhile now.

It was WAAAAY out in the middle of nowhere (says the girl who grew up on top of a mountain 30 minutes from anywhere) but we eventually found it.  It's really beautiful!


The weather was awful, we were even under a tornado warning.  But I LOVE watching storms and we had a room to ourselves with a big glass wall that made it very enjoyable to do just that.

Also?  Cows.

Plus the company was good :-)

Add caption
We all brought snacks and together they became dinner.  Mine was the capresse + salami on toothpicks.


I had a bit more than what is pictured here, plus some pieces of chocolate that Terri broke out later on, but nothing too major.  I also had a glass of red (which I didn't get a picture of) and a glass of white wine.


The nursing mommies...we made them finish the last bottle
It was a really fun night with really fun ladies...I'm already looking forward to next month!

No comments: