Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sleep deprivation

Today was not bad, but I don't even really want to talk about last night.  If I let myself get too detailed I will end up whining on for paragraphs, so here is the summary:

10:30PM - I get into bed
10:45PM - I fall asleep
11:30PM - Emily wakes me up to kiss a boo boo because she pinched her finger in a door on the way to the potty
2:30AM - Charlotte coughs until she barfs
3:30AM - Charlotte's stomach problem moves through to the other end
4:30AM - Charlotte barfs again
6:30AM - I finally fall back asleep
7:00AM - Emily (and by extension Charlotte) wake up for the day, and Charlotte experiences several more bouts of "evacuation" from her hind end.

The return of barf to my life is simply splendid.  It had been like a whole week since someone barfed around here, I didn't know what to do with myself anymore.

I was pretty dead this morning and I am pretty dead again now, but I had a decent chunk of time this afternoon where I was actually quite productive, and the girls were super well-behaved which made today SO much better despite the inauspicious beginning.  I took the kitchen from an AWFUL state to a company-ready level, I did 3 loads of laundry and I moved a storage bench-y thing from Emily's closet (where it wasn't being used at all) down to our family room and filled it with organized containers of sorted toys, which will hopefully make it easier for the kids and myself to pick up all the annoying little toys that are always laying around the family room.  I'm really trying to take advantage of all this time stuck at home to attack some of the more involved organization projects I so desperately need to do.

Without further ado, here is my food for the day.

Husband-made banana oats

COFFEE x2
Repeat footage of my egg
Greens, broccoli, cauliflower, 6 large olives, pine nuts, gorgonzola, bell pepper, orange champagne vinegar
Afternoon berry yogurt smoothie after my failed nap attempt...too thick for a straw so I ate it with a spoon!
Veggie and avocado hummus snack
Dinner!  Cajun-rubbed flank steak, roasted bell peppers and onions, baked potato with greek yogurt and fresh chives
Dessert - Theo toasted coconut dark chocolate chunk, dried cherries
BED!

Goodnight.

No comments: