Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Disney prep

Ugh.  I just wrote half a blog post and it was basically just me whining, so instead let me summarize what it said:

-I am freaking out about getting ready for the trip and flying with the girls
-I am PMS-ing
-I am irritated that I had to be called out of Bodypump twice tonight, the second time permanently since my 4.5 year old peed on the floor in daycare.

That was much better than what I wrote.  And since I wrote the first version I've been able to take a shower with not one but TWO locked doors separating me from my children, so the world looks a little brighter now.

So!  Food!

Will thoughtfully prepared Saturday morning breakfast today since we won't be around Saturday morning to eat it then.

Great Harvest Rye bread (interesting choice, but it needed to be used up), 3/4 oz cabot 50% light cheddar, 1 slice beef bacon, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, sliced baked apples, egg

Snack was a KeVita and 1 oz cabot 50% light.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday, minus the tomatoes.

Greens, red bell pepper, roasted chickpeas, snap peas, 1 oz feta, balsamic, 1 tsp olive oil, 12 small black olives
 Plus this:
1 rolled-up slice Applegate Organics herbed turkey breast lunchmeat
 And these:

When snack time came I was really craving a peanut butter milkshake.  Chocolate Covered Katie posted one awhile back and ever since I saw it I've wanted it.  I used to make one with sugar free cheesecake jell-o pudding powder that was amazing, but I don't use things like that anymore so I had to get more creative.  I think the result was super-tasty.

1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 2 Tbsp peanut flour, 1 large frozen banana, ice, 6 drops NuNaturals liquid stevia

It was just what I was craving, but healthy!  I am quite pleased about that because I have been battling the panicky hormonal cravings a lot the past 2 days and I am proud that I made a smoothie instead of just attacking a bag of chocolate chips.

Dinner was leftover paella eaten in the car on the way to Bodypump.

Possibly even yummier the second day
I was looking forward to finally getting to do all of release 80 (since I always have to leave early to get Emily at preschool) but alas, today was not my day (see above summary of my original post).

When I got home I was very irritated and angry, and I wanted more peanut butter milkshake so that's what I had.

Same smoothie, but now it's dark
 I was so angry I put pretzel legs in it this time.

Yum

I think we're about finished packing(!) so now I plan to relax a bit and then head to bed.  Emily has come out of her room 4 times in the past hour for the following reasons:

-Her 'gina felt crooked (?!?)
-She couldn't find the baby dragon that turned out to be in her hand
-She thought she might have to poop
-She needed to read a book for awhile

Looks like I'm not the only one who might have trouble sleeping tonight.

And yes, I know that I am lucky to be able to take my kids to Disney World.  I know we'll have fun.  I know that other people fly with kids all the time on much longer flights than I will be taking tomorrow.  But "other people do it all the time, and for much longer than I'll have to do it" is what I told myself before I gave birth the first time, and that didn't mean it wasn't the toughest and most painful thing I've ever done!







No comments: