Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hungry day

This morning I had to hit the ground running in order to get everyone fed and dressed and out the door AND have the house picked up so the maids could clean when they got here.  I decided to just repeat my breakfast from yesterday because we still have quinoa and applesauce to finish.

1 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 Tbsp light coconut milk, 1/4 oz toasted pecans, chopped banana, egg + egg white with WAY too much Tabasco, and decaf green
As I was shaking the Tabasco on I guess I wasn't paying attention and I really doused it.  Spicy food is supposed to be good for your sinuses and metabolism though so I ate it and practically burned my mouth off.  

My morning was spent running errands...I am the least organized person in the world so the days leading up to an event (in this case Charlotte's birthday party on Saturday) are always filled with me charging around wildly trying to get the last couple things I need.  At some point I had this snack, and was disappointed to note that THIS kind of KeVita has sugar in it, almost tripling the number of calories per serving :-(  I drank it anyway because I was hungry and needed something to fill my belly until lunch but it was too sweet for me and I'll be paying closer attention next time I want to try a different flavor.
KeVita, babybel light and the rest of my decaf green tea
I came home hoping my house would be nice and clean, and it definitely wasn't.  The maids almost always arrive at 9AM, but if they do another house before mine they arrive more towards noon so I pulled together lunch for everyone quickly while trying to keep the kitchen as picked-up as possible in the process.  I made my typical salad that I'm sure everyone's bored of looking at.
Greens, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, radishes, cucumbers, 1 oz blue cheese, 1 tsp olive oil and truffle balsamic
 My salad left me a bit peckish, so I fixed myself some tea.

Big mug of rooibos with a glug of unsweetened vanilla almond milk...

...and essence of toddler finger
I had various people coming and going all afternoon, but no maids :-(

I finally called and they claimed that it was taking longer than usual to clean people's houses because everyone had just taken down their Christmas decorations?  Not sure how that's an issue when I'm usually the first house they clean for the day, but whatever.  They're coming tomorrow instead which is better for me anyway because I'll be gone all morning and it's closer to party time anyway.  First world problems, I know.

Once Charlotte woke up from her nap and I could use the blender without fear of disturbing her, I made a purple smoothie.

Almond milk, low fat ricotta cheese, 1 banana, frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries
 For dinner I made Mama Pea's Noodle Salad with Peanut Mmmm Sauce, but I used black bean noodles for added protein and threw in a couple more veggies (mushrooms, bean sprouts).

I also had to substitute chopped cashews for the chopped peanuts sprinkled on top since I wanted the crunch but I had used up all of our peanuts making peanut butter yesterday.  Actually that's not true, we DO have a couple peanuts left, but they are either #1 in a shell or #2 cooked in lard (given to us as a gift at Christmas) so cashews it was.

 2 hours after dinner I got super-hungry and just wanted to munch :-(  Emily wasn't helping things because after asking for ice cream she pushed aside not 1 but 2 bowls of it!  I served her some vanilla coconut ice cream I had first and she didn't like it, so I gave her plain old vanilla and she then claimed she was too full because I had forced her to eat her WHOLE cupcake (not just the frosting) before allowing her to have a bit of ice cream.  Poor, poor child.  Melty ice cream is one of my major weaknesses, as is finishing up the girls' leftovers and here I was faced with 2 bowls of melted goodness just sitting there begging me to dive in.  I took 1 taste though just to see what the coconut milk ice cream was like...
Baby spoon
...and stuck the bowls in the freezer.  Since I WAS genuinely hungry though I had one of these too.
Banana chocolate chip muffin (since there's no frosting, yesterday's cupcakes have morphed back into the muffins that they actually are)
When Will got home he made some banana soft serve, so I couldn't turn that down.
Yum.
Now I have to motivate myself to get some stuff done tonight while chugging water to keep my hungry tummy from ruining my eating plan.  I'm in the weird in-between time when I can't really decorate the house or make food yet because it's still 2 days 'till the party but I really want to do SOMETHING because tomorrow I'll have way too much to do.  I might choose option 3...messing around on Will's iPad from my nest on the couch until bedtime.

No comments: