Friday, January 13, 2012

Mistakes

Today I was foolish.  I tried to do more than I should have.  My mistake was taking Zumba on a day I already had other exercise planned and LOTS to do around the house, but I'll get to that.

First there was breakfast, which was not a mistake, although I did forget my tea.
Shredded wheat, skim milk, erythritol and blackberries, plus egg + egg white and salsa
 Then I decided I wanted to go to Zumba because I missed it earlier this week and I'm getting tired of just running through the routines at home.  I was going back to the gym later that day, but I figured I could do it! So I filled my water bottle and headed out the door to preschool.

Zumba was indeed fun, especially since I got a spot right up front.  However after taking a sip from my water bottle I realized that I had accidentally used the bottle Will took his smoothie to work in yesterday that I THOUGHT was my just plain water bottle sitting on the counter.  N-A-S-T-Y.  But I'm super anal when it comes to water, and I figured it was still better for me than drinking chlorinated water from the water fountain so I powered through.  Not so refreshing.

Afterward Charlotte and I raced over to the Common Market to pick up a quick lunch, and on the way I had this:
Guava Kombucha and a Babybel light
 At Common Market I got my usual salad (I was too lazy to pack one to bring with me last night) but I beefed it up a little with some extra protein.
Greens, cucumber, green pepper, carrots, purple cabbage, 1/4 cup chick peas, 1/8 cup blue cheese, about 1 egg, about 1 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar
 And for even more protein (and to avoid muscle cramps) I added EVEN MORE food.
Banana (potassium!) and 1/2 packet Justin's peanut butter
Once I got Emily I headed back to the gym to be in the class for Lauren's Bodypump filming, the last step in her certification process.  We did release #79 and WOW.  I had forgotten how tough that particular release was!  There's not a single track that I wouldn't call extremely difficult! And my dreams were crushed when Cheryl (in the middle below) told us that release #80 is even tougher.  I guess that's a good thing, but yeesh. I think Les Mills is trying to kill me.

Lauren did a great job teaching though!
The Bodypump class, minus 1 lady (who was also wearing a shade of pink!)
After getting the girls out of daycare (Charlotte for the second time) we hit AC Moore for the last couple party supplies I needed, then we were FINALLY home and I was extremely pleased to note that the maids had already come and gone.  It was time for me to get down to work on party prep.  I wanted a smoothie, but I needed some pep so I made myself a coffee smoothie and killed 2 birds with one stone.

1 cup coffee, 1 cup skim milk, 1 banana, 1 handful of ice, 1 dash of cinnamon
The dinner I had planned (and was really looking forward to!) was crock pot lamb mushroom barley risotto from Clean Eating Magazine.  However, when I opened the second package of lamb it was stinky.  Once I threw away the packaging the lamb itself didn't smell bad, and I had almost convinced myself that it was ok when I opened the trash can again to toss something and caught another whiff.  Even if the lamb itself didn't stink, it was touching something that did so I decided not to risk it, and tossed the meat :-(  That's one of the bad things about buying less popular types of meat at Common Market...you really have to watch the expiration date because things tend to go bad exactly on or even a couple days before the date on the package.  But with a bit of scrounging I came up with Plan B, lentil soup. 

When Will got home he poured me half a New Belgian Black Ale...

He even took a picture of it for me <3
...and served me some soup...
Lentils, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and some ham cooked in water (I had no broth either) 
...and also did an awesome job of entertaining the girls and helping me so I could get some stuff done.  He's quite useful, that one :-)

After dinner I felt exhausted and shaky, so I went upstairs to rest for a bit.  I guess it was just the caffeine wearing off, or maybe the caffeine in combination with the beer?  Whatever the cause, I felt much better after a bit of rest and attacked party prep again.

So far it's looking like we'll get everything done...hopefully that plus my extreme exhaustion means I won't be up planning and worrying all night!


No comments: