Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I don't know what to call my blog post, but it's done

The title of this post is what I just said to Will, and he suggested I use that as the title so I took his advice.

First and most importantly, I lost 1.8 pounds this week for a total of 6.8(ish)!  Yay for that.  I'm within half a pound of my summer weight and I felt decent then so let's hope I can keep it up this time.

The hours remaining before the trip are starting to go by very quickly.  I will post as best I can, and I've downloaded the Blogger app for iPhone so I may even be able to keep up with posting my food while I'm on the trip (WITHOUT having to pay for internet access at my hotel!).  Hopefully that can help keep me on track.  I feel like I've been eating well for a couple weeks now but I'm right back at the weight where I usually fall off the wagon and a trip at this point is a bit dangerous.  We're doing everything possible to keep our eating close to normal; getting a room with a full kitchen, having groceries delivered to our room and bringing A LOT of food with us, only planning to have 3 meals out etc.

Anyway, on to my food.

My breakfast, which I regretted later (in spin class) because it did not have very much protein.

2 biscuits Barbara's Bakery shredded wheat, blueberries, erythritol, almond milk
 Then I went to the aforementioned spin class.  It's true that the seat hurts less as time goes on...this is my 3rd week and it was much more standable.  Why is that?  I really hope I'm not developing callouses...

After spin I snacked while running errands, and although I intended to avoid coffee today (its creeping back into my life as a daily thing) I had a spare 10 minutes before preschool pick-up which is just the perfect amount of time to go through the Starbucks drive-through.

Grande plain skim latte (half-drunk) and my fully drunk KeVita.  Not pictured: Babybel light cheese wheel
Then it was time to throw together my salad and run out the door to dance class.  Today I only allowed tasty things into my salad.  I need to recover from yesterday.  The wine worked though, I don't seem to have food poisoning :-)
Greens, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, kalmata olives, 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas, 1 oz feta, cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar
 I am always extra-hungry when I get home from Emily's dance class so I made myself a thick smoothie and topped it with some Trader Joes High Fiber Cereal (which Emily sometimes calls pretzel legs).

1 frozen peach, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, ice, 12 almonds, cinnamon, pretzel legs
 I was still hungry, so I had a couple more snacks.

1/2 cup roasted chickpeas

some withered strawberries that needed to be finished up

I was excited about dinner.  I bought a frozen mix of scallops, shrimp and calamari from Trader Joes and I was going to make a seafood soup but then Mama Pea posted a recipe for paella this morning and suddenly I knew what had to be done with my seafood.  I followed her recipe, but then befouled it with all kinds of seafood and sausage and brown rice.  Sorry Mama Pea.

Few sights are yummier than a whole big pot of paella 
My serving
Oh, and I had to use turmeric instead of saffron because Giant didn't carry saffron.  Can you imagine?  I don't know how we live like this.

Once Daddy got home I ran out the door to pick up a couple things we still needed for the trip.  When I returned I was hungry again, and Will had opened a pale ale made by my dad so we shared that...

Photographed by William Randall

...and I had a second small helping of the paella.

Like my bowl?  Remy does.

After putting Emily to bed, I had a dessert snack.  I have been extremely snack-y today, which I blame on the time of the month and the stress of getting everyone ready for the trip.
2 Tbsp Sunspire grain-sweetened chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp raisins

I have a friend who just took her FOUR kids to Disney World.  I have no idea how she even did that.  As far as I can tell they're all back and in one piece too so I think she deserves a medal.

And I think I need to go to bed before I eat anything else.

No comments: