Friday, February 3, 2012

Back in business

Well we went to bed about an hour early last night and woke up when Emily's clock turned green  (7AM)  with only one interruption when Emily decided to come into our room at 2AM to tell us something she figured she'd forget by morning.  We shooed her out and sure enough, she forgot by morning but we can't start allowing her to wander in at all hours of the night to postulate on whatever is on her mind.  I didn't really mind being awakened as long as there wasn't any barf involved.

However it turned out that there WAS barf last night, we just didn't know it until the morning.  Charlotte apparently barfed in her crib at some point without making any noise or crying and then went right back to sleep.  Poor sweet little thing.  At least I have one kid who is good at being sick...if it were Emily we would've had a 2-hour scream fest in the middle of the night.  It has been over a week...when will this go away?

My stomach is feeling vaguely upset today, as it has been off and on every day for the past week.  I just count myself lucky that I haven't thrown up.  It isn't affecting my appetite though, unfortunately.  When I feel nauseous I don't want to eat but whenever there is any other kind of sensation in my stomach my instinct is to eat to see if  food will make it feel better.  It doesn't make any sense, but that's what I do.

I weighed myself this morning, and I was down 0.6 pounds from 8 days ago which makes me very happy.  Looking back at my weight tracker on the WW website I see that I am, in fact, lighter than I have ever been since Charlotte was born!  I don't want to lose my momentum so I decided to start right back into taking pictures of my food again and that definitely helped me today.  I have a trip to San Antonio with Will near the end of the month so I want to lose another chunk of weight before I leave for that!

Breakfast:

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/8 cup raisins

1 fried egg
I went to Zumba this morning, and it felt great to get my heartrate up again!  I intended to exercise during the trip but it just didn't happen so walking and hoisting children and strollers is all I have done for the past week.  My snack afterward was a Babybel light cheese wheel and coffee with about 3 Tbsp almond milk.

Lunch:

Leftover paella that Will was smart enough to freeze before we left on vacation
A blurry picture of greens, baby carrots, yellow bell peppers, 1/4 oz pecans, Trader Joe's blueberry vanilla goat cheese and balsamic mixed with garlic hummus as a dressing

For my snack I wanted a green smoothie, but we didn't have any bananas!  Well, we have super-green ones (that's the only way Costco sells them and that's where I went today) but those wouldn't work.  So I made due, and the result was slightly tart but still good.

1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 peeled orange, 1 spear pineapple, 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks, the rest of a container of mixed greens we stuck in the freezer before we left
As usual I felt hungry shortly after my smoothie, and as usual once I got distracted cleaning up the house I was somehow able to make it all the way through to dinner without having another snack.  Some decaf green tea and cleaning to do are excellent for keeping me from snacking!

While I made dinner Will poured us some of the black cherry porter he picked up from Flying Dog today.

Mine is on the right...tasty
 I also sent him to Hedgeapple to pick up some beef because we haven't had any in ages!  They are only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday and even then only weird hours so I always forget to go.  He brought home a delicious skirt steak that became our dinner.

Skirt steak dry rubbed with paprika, garlic, smoked salt and pepper, millet cooked in water and light coconut milk and asparagus cooked with salt, garlic powder and balsamic vinegar
After dinner I was still a bit hungry, so I had some fruit.  Fruit was very expensive in FL since we had to either have it delivered (their prices were really high!) or buy it in the theme park so we've been missing fruit.



Looking back I realize this is possibly the worst blog post ever, but it accomplished my goal of posting all my food pictures and I'm really exhausted so I'll leave it as it is and we'll all hope for better tomorrow.

No comments: