Thursday, February 9, 2012

Too much

Another day, another plate of eggs.  Except that this morning, there was something special about my eggs.  

Nyan Eggs!
 For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is Nyan Cat:

The resemblance is uncanny
I swear it's a real thing.  Google it.

Actually that's just one of the rainbows that shoot all over our house in the morning when the sun comes through the glass in the front door.  The girls call that time of day "rainbow time".

Anyway.

I also had a bowl of cereal:

2 biscuits Barbara's Bakery shredded wheat, strawberries, a sprinkle of erythritol, about 1 cup skim milk
My morning errands took me near Baltimore Tea and Coffee so I stopped in for a latte.  Although I've been off artificial sweeteners since November, I decided that lattes are just SO much better with flavor so I had them add sugar-free hazelnut syrup.  

On top of my snowy car (yes I remembered to pick it up before I drove away)
Blech.  It was SO sweet!  I forgot that I used to order lattes with just 1 pump of sugar free syrup vs. the 4 they must've put in this one.  Gross.  I couldn't finish it :-(

After Bodypump and preschool pick-up I went to meet my mom and sister at Common Market for lunch.

Super veggie sandwich, minestrone and KeVita
Eating in public with the girls is always an adventure.  Everything went pretty well until Emily dropped Charlotte's Kombucha on the floor...then seconds later dropped her own Kombucha on the floor.  We left after that.  Smelling strongly of strawberry Kombucha.

I accompanied my mom and sister on a couple errands (i.e. struggling to keep the girls contained in stores full of breakable things), thinking I was giving the maids time to clean our house before we got home, but it turns out they weren't even there yet.  At that point I had to cancel because I had to get home to start dinner and put Charlotte down for a nap.  We'll try again on Monday.

When we got home I was pretty hungry, so I had the girls' leftover egg whites from breakfast...


...then I made myself what is becoming my "feeling stressed and sorry for myself" snack, a banana peanut butter smoothie.  I added quite a few healthy additions though.

Banana, a handful of peanuts, 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, a dash of 7 grain milk substitute, a couple leaves of spinach, a pinch of ground flaxseed, a pinch of wheat germ, some leftover tofu and some leftover pinto beans, topped with some pretzel legs
I had to steal some of Remy's patch of sunlight for my picture.  

This was quite a large smoothie and I was stuffed after drinking it.  Smoothies always seem to "wear off" suddenly though, so I had an olive snack a couple hours later.

7 jalapeño-stuffed olives
Dinner took quite awhile to complete since I wasn't able to start the slow cooker until later than I had planned, but once it was ready it was delicious!

kale chips, cole slaw made with greek yogurt/mustard/seasonings, and pulled pork loosely based on this recipe
I'll admit, I took a couple bites of the pork (while pulling it) that I did not photograph.  Then I went back to serve Will's portion so it would be ready when he got home and ended up having a couple more undocumented bites.  I was naughty.

Crock of deliciousness
 Then despite being full already I finished my dinner by eating my portion of rice (which wasn't ready yet when I decided I needed to eat dinner).

Cilantro-lime short grain brown rice
 Ugh, this was the second time I was stuffed today.  I think I need to go back and look at my food journals from the beginning of the year when I was better in touch with my hunger and eating just until satisfied.

Because yes, there was more!

My favorite dessert, which I had with a glass of milk (also unphotographed).

2 Tbsp sunspire grain-sweetened chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp peanuts, 2 Tbsp raisins
 I think that is plenty to have eaten in one day, so I am going to stop and go to bed now so I don't eat anymore.  Goodnight!







No comments: