Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bathing suit woes

I admit it, I weighed myself this morning.  But I am glad I did, because I was down 2 pounds from Saturday!  I hate it when people (myself) make excuses, so even though I figured that hormones were to blame for my 1 pound gain I kind of needed confirmation to TRULY believe it.  I guess I'll still weigh myself on Thursday before I leave...who even knows when my "official" weigh-in day is anymore.  Once I'm back and home for a couple months Saturdays will work nicely but it has been difficult to maintain a predictable schedule this past month.

Will whipped up some 10-grain cereal this morning FINALLY finishing off our bag of the the stuff I've been trying to get rid of.  We were very low on fruit, but I found a bag of blueberries in the freezer to dress it up.

Scrambled egg + salsa + coffee + 10 grain cereal, roasted hazelnuts and blueberries
 Spin class was hard today, gel seat notwithstanding.  The teacher said she'd go hard at the beginning and at the end but let us recover in the middle, then she decided to do 20/10 sprints instead of that whole recovery part.  Yeesh.  I got my money's worth for that 45 minutes.

I had a Babybel light wheel and a Zevia soda for a snack, and I was feeling lazy and hungry when lunchtime rolled around so I took the girls to Common Market for a quick lunch.  They loaded their carts with sushi, seaweed salad and edamamme, and I had to put some of their selections back because they got a bit overzealous.  I did miss one though, so we ended up with an extra package of veggie rolls.  It turned out that Emily got those for me, because she thought I wanted sushi :-)  Very sweet.

I got a salad instead though.


Greens, red cabbage, diced peppers, chickpeas, blue cheese, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, balsamic vinegar, shredded carrots
After sitting through Emily's dance class, we returned home and I had a smoothie snack which I shared with the girls.  This one was a hit with the younger set (and me too, for that matter).

1 banana, nonfat plain greek yogurt, skim milk, a couple pieces of spinach, vanilla extract, ice, 3 drops stevia, 1/2 Tbsp flaxseeds, pretzel legs
Dinner was pancakes, of course!  It took some convincing to get Emily to agree to have pancakes tonight since we just had them a week ago for Valentine's Day but she enjoyed them once they were made.

2 simple soaked pancakes (with blueberries this time) topped with maple + plain nonfat yogurt, applegate farms organic red pepper sausage, sauteed kale
 After dinner, and once I had put Charlotte to bed I had my usual predictable dessert...

2 Tbsp Sunspire grain sweetened chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp raisins, 2 Tbsp peanuts

...then I went out bathing suit shopping.  I have one bathing suit that I bought when I was nursing so it's far too large in the bosom these days and one bathing suit that I noticed was kind of floating around without me while I was at the spa this weekend.  The place we're staying in San Antonio has a pool that is kind of a big deal with a lazy river and a water slide so I assume I'll end up having to don a swimsuit at one point or another.  But let me tell you, even if you have just successfully gone shopping for regular clothes and even if you've just lost 10 pounds, bathing suit shopping is still extremely painful.  Yeesh. I ended up getting another Mom-ish tankini/skirt bottom number...I opted for that vs. baring my upper thighs. Trust me, it's better for everyone this way.

Now it's time for some major packing and preparing.  I am being hopeful this time and not canceling the maids who are set to arrive right after we leave.  It will be nice to come home to a clean house, but extra-stressful getting ready beforehand!

No comments: