Friday, February 10, 2012

Here is my food for today

This will be brief, I'm super-tired and ready for bed!

Here was my brekkie this morning:

1/2 cup oats cooked with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 banana and 1 Tbsp chia seeds, fried egg with salsa and coffee
After Zumba (and a babybel wheel) I headed downtown to drop Will's watch off at Landis to be fixed.  5 minutes and $3 later I walked out with his newly-fixed watch.  Sweet!  I had plenty of time to go around the corner to NOLA for one of Frederick's best lattes.

Perfect
 For some reason when I have yucky coffee (i.e. when we accidentally make our coffee with brown chunky water from the hot water tap or I get an overly-sweetened latte) it REALLY makes me crave a good version of the nasty one I had.  And since I was so close to NOLA with a few minutes to spare I couldn't resist.

Plus my company was good.


When I got home and noticed one of my avocados had ripened I threw together another fiesta salad.

Greens, corn kernels, greek yogurt, salsa, avocado, pinto beans, salt and chili powder
Pineapple on the side
After lunch the girls requested popcorn for a snack, and Charlotte was beyond excited.



They say that having kids allows you to experience the joy in simple things all over again, and it's very true.

I'm glad though that I did not have to personally experience the fall on the front walk that resulted in that GIANT goose egg on her forehead, although I would've preferred it happen to me rather than her :-(

My bowl, sprinkled with salt and nutritional yeast
 Later I had some more snax:
1 oz blueberry vanilla chevre on 2 Ak Mak crackers
A pear
 Dinner was leftover african peanut stew, plus some random veggies from the fridge that needed to be used up.
I'll be sad when this is gone
Spinach, mushrooms, onions and garlic
 Dessert:
Very summer-y, but I enjoyed it even in the winter
Another bar of Theo cherry almond dark chocolate
1/2 of the Pumpking I got for Christmas!  No more until August :-(
 Alright, I posted, now it's bedtime!  Goodnight!

No comments: