Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bedford, day 2



After dinner, we hung out in the lobby for a bit, then tried to go to the bar but Kathleen had not brought her ID.  So we retired to our room and as is usually the case with us, we passed out around 10:30.  It was really nice though, since none of us are really party girls...we had the fun without the barfing and hangovers.

And since I didn't drink too much the night before I had a healthy appetite for the breakfast buffet the next morning!
The Crystal Room
Plate of fruit, coffee, and an egg white omelette with ham, mushrooms, spinach, onions, and peppers plus a bowl of oatmeal

My oatmeal, topped with slivered almonds, granola, juice-sweetened apple butter and cinnamon

and a few blobs of plain yogurt
 After breakfast was in our tummies we had mimosas in the room while packing up.

Made with Asti...so sweet!
 On the drive home I had a Babybel light wheel and a banana...

...and once we arrived home I dug into my Dad's roasted kale.

I especially love it when I don't have to make it myself
 I also stole an apple.


Then I made the last leg of the trip home from my girl weekend to see my BEST girls :-)

My girls under Charlotte's new "'Punzel blanket"
My husband had held down the fort admirably.  He even took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese on Sunday!  That's some extreme parenting right there.  When I got home he mentioned that he had enjoyed a makeshift sloppy joe for lunch using the leftover meatsauce in the fridge.  I thought that sounded amazing.

1 slice Great Harvest whole grain goodness, some leftover meat sauce, Cabot 50% light cheddar
 I also wanted some veggies so I had a my normal salad as well.

Greens, broccoli, artichoke hearts, baby corn, olives, roasted hazelnuts, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic basil vinegar
 An orange got me through until dinnertime.

For dinner we used the meatballs and sauce Will had made for the girls the day before (which were delicious and different enough from my meatsauce that it didn't feel like I was just eating the same thing all day).

2 oz whole wheat rotini, leftover meatballs and sauce, artichoke hearts, a bit of parmesean, steamed broccoli and cauliflower topped with cheast sauce
 And even though I had taken in plenty of calories already, I still had my favorite dessert.  I had to, after the disappointing options the night before!

2 Tbsp Sunspire grain-sweetened chocolate chips, 2 Tbs raisins, 2 Tbsp peanuts
 And that was our trip!  Now I'm home for a couple days before I leave again, this time with Will for San Antonio.  It's been nice to have a vacation with the kids and a trip with my family, now I'm really excited to have a couple days just with Will.  All of these trips popped up at almost the exact same time, but hopefully it will satiate my wanderlust for awhile.





No comments: