Thursday, February 16, 2012

On bread and shopping

This morning I knew there would be no one in the house to wake me up before 7 so what did I do?  I woke up at 6:20.  I was able to get back to sleep at around 6:50, then woke up with the alarm at 7:10.  Oh well.

Will and I had quiet(!) conversations while we cooked up breakfast for two...

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water, strawberries, bananas, Ezekiel cereal sprinkle, fried egg with salsa
...then I was off to the salon for my hair appointment.  I snapped a picture right before I went in.

Notice the yucky mullet caused by letting my short hairstyle grow out without getting trims along the way
I gave the hairstylist free reign, although I did tell her I didn't want anything I'd have to do frequent upkeep on because let's face it, I'm not going to be getting into the salon every 4-6 weeks.

I spent most of the morning looking like this:
Safe from the aliens and satellites
and when I was done, I forgot to take a picture :-(

So here's one I just took now....I am suffering from a bad case of yellow lighting so you can't see my highlights at all but you can see the haircut.  I'll post another picture tomorrow when I have access to natural light.

Awkward attempt to angle my head so you can see my hair
 After having my hair done I ate a Babybel light that I luckily happened to have in my purse and headed down to Columbia to pick up my sister-in-law.  We went first to Great Harvest, where I got a hummus/cheese/veggie sandwich and had them add ham, plus I bought a loaf of honey whole wheat and a loaf of whole grain goodness to bring home.
Sooooo good
 I had some trouble cashing in my Eversave coupon (the person behind the counter really wasn't very nice) but it eventually worked out.  Margaret and I ate the first halves of our sandwiches and saved the other halves for later.

Next it was time for some major shopping!  We hit Sephora, White House Black Market, Oakley, Teavana, Icing, H&M, Ann Taylor (both Lofted and non) and looked around a bit in Nordstrom.  I didn't buy things EVERYWHERE we went because the plague of sack-like dresses and neon was just as bad in person as it seems online, but we both found what we were looking for.  I really like the Columbia Mall, they have pretty much every store I would want!

Teavanna refreshment
 After I dropped Margaret off at her house I decided to visit Old Navy on the way home.  I also stopped at the new market in Myersville that my parents have been talking about and came out with quite a few goodies.  Local free-range organic eggs for $3.05/dozen?  Yes please!

My loot
Then after my lovely day of doing exactly what I wanted to do I went to my parents house to pick up my girls :-)  There I was offered dinner and I eagerly accepted because I forgot to bring snacks with me on my excursions today and I was STARVING.  I helped my parents clean some leftovers out of their fridge like any good daughter would.

Celery root puree soup with some toasted whole grain bread

Brown rice with spicy cabbage

Fruit salad
 When I got home I had my favorite dessert.

2 Tbsp sunspire grain-sweetened chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp peanuts, 2 Tbsp raisins

Plus this guy!

Despite the rain it was a great day with fun visiting, food and shopping like I haven't done in years!  My plans haven't allowed for exercise for the past 2 days though, so I am anxious to get back to my normal schedule and spending more time with my girls.  At least until I leave for my sister's bachelorette this weekend!

No comments: