Sunday, February 5, 2012

Triumphant return

This morning I headed out the door early to get to an 8:30 step class at my gym.  As I was running to my car Will handed me Saturday breakfast, which we did not have the ingredients for on Saturday so it became our Sunday breakfast.  I still call it Saturday breakfast though.

1/2 Ezekiel english muffin, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, sliced baked apples, 2 slices Applegate Organics Ham, 3/4 oz cabot 50% light cheddar
 Step was amazing.  It was so strange because I used to go to this class every week without fail before I had kids.  When I walked in today there were a lot of the same people there to greet me and I realized it has been OVER 5 YEARS since I was a regular!  Eek.  Class was fantastic though, it's a great workout, Patty is such a great teacher and an hour goes by in a flash because you're concentrating so hard the whole time.  It made me feel like I was a skinny world-traveling 24 year old again wearing rolled-down cheerleader shorts and contemplating getting a tramp stamp (thank God I didn't!)

After step I returned home to relieve Will from constant cleaning up of human and canine bodily fluids and then had the rest of my breakfast:

fried egg with salsa
 Lunch was a typical salad, with the olives on the side because I wanted them but didn't think they'd taste good with the goat cheese.

Greens, artichoke hearts, baby corn, blueberry vanilla chevre, red bell peppers, hummus + balsamic for dressing and a jalapeño-stuffed olive sidecar
 Plus some fruit.
raspberries and some blackberries hiding underneath
 I whipped up some guacamole this afternoon and once it was finished I had a SERIOUS urge to just bury my face in the bowl.  Instead of taking a picture of THAT, I scooped myself a bit and just ate it with a spoon.  Yum.  I suppose it was ok because I didn't really have an afternoon snack.

I couldn't resist

 I made a dinner that would lend itself to sitting and watching football.  Nachos!

Yeah right
Mine were actually made of real food and looked like this:

Guiltless Gourmet blue corn tortilla chips, Hedgeapple ground beef cooked with onions and seasonings, black beans, homemade guac, Muir Glen garlic salsa, nonfat plain green yogurt, black olives, green onions, cilantro 
 Plus another glass of that crazy-strong sangria.
Down the hatch
 Yes, I ate all those nachos, and yes, I was seriously stuffed.  They were so good though.

I did a cleaning overhaul of the family room today, moving furniture around and such, which resulted in the TiVo getting unplugged so when we turned the TV on to watch the Superbowl it didn't work.  We had to plug the TiVo back in and wait a freakin' eternity for it to reboot.  We eventually got the game on, but we spent almost the entire first half defending ourselves from attack.








The girls were NUTS.  Remy was his usual calm self though.

Save me
 Once we got girls tucked in for the night it was time for a beer.

Ithaca Apricot Wheat
This was a decent beer, and I have had it and liked it before, but it tasted a bit musty this time around which took away from my enjoyment a little.  No matter.  The girls were in bed and I could finally relax and watch the game, I didn't really care WHAT I was drinking!

Unless it had been a Bud Light Platinum.  Despite all the incessant advertising, I still don't ever want to drink one of those.

Happy Superbowl Sunday!

No comments: